CIGB 55Alternative Names: Anti-IL-15 peptide - CIGB
Latest Information Update: 25 Feb 2016
At a glance
- Originator Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology
- Developer Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology; Heber Biotec
- Mechanism of Action Immunosuppressants; Interleukin 15 inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
- Available For Licensing Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Autoimmune disorders
Most Recent Events
- 25 Feb 2016 CIGB has patent protection for CIGB 55 in USA, the EU, Japan, Australia, Canada, China, Russia, Mexico and South Africa prior to February 2016
- 01 Dec 2014 CIBG 55 is available for licensing as of 01 Dec 2014.
- 31 Dec 2013 Preclinical trials in Autoimmune disorders in Cuba (unspecified route) (CIGB presentation,