Research programme: Non opioid analgesics - Centrexion TherapeuticsAlternative Names: CNTX-0290; CNTX-6016
Latest Information Update: 11 Apr 2016
At a glance
- Originator Boehringer Ingelheim
- Developer Centrexion Therapeutics
- Class Non-opioid analgesics
- Mechanism of Action Cannabinoid receptor CB2 agonists; Somatostatin receptor subtype 4 agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Neuropathic pain; Pain