Research programme : alpha-1A adrenergic antagonists - SOM BiotechAlternative Names: Benign prostatic hyperplasia therapeutics - SOM Biotech; SOM2391; SOM2393
Latest Information Update: 13 Apr 2016
At a glance
- Originator SOM Biotech
- Mechanism of Action Alpha 1a adrenergic-receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
- Available For Licensing Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Benign prostatic hyperplasia
Most Recent Events
- 12 Apr 2016 Preclinical trials in Benign prostatic hyperplasia in Spain (unspecified route) prior to April 2016 (SOM Biotech's pipeline, April 2016)
- 12 Apr 2016 Research programme : alpha-1A adrenergic antagonists - SOM Biotech is available for licensing as of 12 Apr 2016. http://www.sombiotech.com