Research programme: infectious disease therapeutics - Janssen Pharmaceutica/University of Cape Town
Latest Information Update: 15 Apr 2016
At a glance
- Originator Janssen Pharmaceutica; University of Cape Town
- Developer Janssen Pharmaceutica
- Class Antimalarials; Antituberculars
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Research Malaria; Tuberculosis