Latest Information Update: 13 Apr 2016
At a glance
- Originator Chungnam National University; Korea Research Institute of Chemical Technology
- Developer Chungnam National University; Kainos Medicines; Korea Research Institute of Chemical Technology
- Mechanism of Action Apoptosis inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Parkinson's disease
Most Recent Events
- 13 Apr 2016 Preclinical trials in Parkinson's disease in South Korea (unspecified route) before April 2016
- 13 Apr 2016 Korea FDA approves IND application for initiation of a phase I trial of KR 33493 in Parkinson's disease (Kainos Medicine pipeline, April 2016) before April 2016