Research programme: microbial therapeutics - Vedanta BiosciencesAlternative Names: Microbiome-based therapeutics - Vedanta
Latest Information Update: 20 Oct 2016
At a glance
- Originator Vedanta Biosciences
- Developer NYU Langone Medical Center; Vedanta Biosciences
- Class Anti-infectives; Anti-inflammatories; Antineoplastics; Immunotherapies
- Mechanism of Action Helper-inducer T-lymphocyte stimulants; Immunomodulators; Metagenome modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Cancer; Infections
- Research Autoimmune disorders