Bimatoprost/timolol ocular insert - ForSight Vision5Alternative Names: Bimatoprost/timolol HELIOS™ insert - ForSight Vision5; Timolol/bimatoprost ocular insert - ForSight Vision5
Latest Information Update: 25 Apr 2016
At a glance
- Originator ForSight VISION5
- Class Amides; Antiglaucomas; Antihypertensives; Lipids; Morpholines; Propanolamines; Synthetic prostaglandins; Thiadiazoles
- Mechanism of Action Beta-adrenergic receptor antagonists; Prostaglandin F2alpha receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Phase I/II Glaucoma; Ocular hypertension
Most Recent Events
- 01 Mar 2016 Phase-I/II clinical trials in Glaucoma in Panama (Ophthalmic) (NCT02742649)
- 01 Mar 2016 Phase-I/II clinical trials in Ocular hypertension in Panama (Ophthalmic) (NCT02742649)