RemeglurantAlternative Names: MRZ-8456
Latest Information Update: 11 May 2016
At a glance
- Originator Merz Pharmaceuticals
- Class Analgesics; Antiparkinsonians; Anxiolytics; Quinolones
- Mechanism of Action Metabotropic glutamate receptor 5 antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Drug-induced dyskinesia
Most Recent Events
- 11 May 2016 Chemical structure information added
- 05 May 2016 No recent reports on development identified - Phase-I for Drug-induced dyskinesia in USA (unspecified route)