At a glance
- Originator Northeastern University; University of Bonn
- Developer Northeastern University; NovoBiotic Pharmaceuticals; University of Bonn
- Class Anti-infectives; Depsipeptides; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Cell wall inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Gram-positive infections; Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infections; Tuberculosis; Vancomycin-resistant enterococcal infections
Most Recent Events
- 30 Jun 2016 Chemical structure information added
- 28 Jan 2015 NovoBiotic receives SBIR grant from the the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases for preclinical development of teixobactin in Gram-positive infections (NovoBiotic Pharmaceuticals website)
- 22 Jan 2015 Preclinical trials in Gram-positive infections in USA (IV) before January 2015