Research programme: protein tyrosine kinase inhibitor therapeutics - Nexus BioPharmaAlternative Names: Fyn kinase inhibitor therapeutics - Nexus BioPharma; Obesity and diabetes therapeutics - Nexus BioPharma; Weight loss drug - Nexus BioPharma
Latest Information Update: 30 Sep 2016
At a glance
- Originator Nexus BioPharma
- Developer Albert Einstein College of Medicine; Nexus BioPharma
- Class Antidementias; Antihyperglycaemics; Antineoplastics; Obesity therapies; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Proto-oncogene protein c-fyn inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Obesity
- Research Alzheimer's disease; Cancer; Type 2 diabetes mellitus