Research programme: Epstein-Barr virus-mediated cancer therapeutics - Fox Chase Chemical Diversity Center/Wistar InstituteAlternative Names: Anti-EBV therapeutics - Fox Chase Chemical Diversity Center/Wistar Institute; Epstein-Barr virus nuclear antigen-1 inhibitors - Fox Chase Chemical Diversity Center/Wistar Institute
Latest Information Update: 04 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Fox Chase Chemical Diversity Center; Wistar Institute
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Carrier protein inhibitors; Nuclear protein inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Cancer; Epstein-Barr virus infections
Most Recent Events
- 04 Jul 2016 Preclinical trials in Epstein-Barr virus infections in USA (unspecified route)
- 04 Jul 2016 Preclinical trials in Cancer in USA (unspecified route)