Finasteride/tamsulosin - MerckAlternative Names: MK-0906A
Latest Information Update: 04 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Merck Sharp & Dohme
- Class Androstenes; Antiandrogens; Antineoplastics; Azasteroids; Small molecules; Sulfonamides
- Mechanism of Action Alpha 1a adrenergic-receptor antagonists; Cholestenone 5-alpha reductase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Benign prostatic hyperplasia
Most Recent Events
- 29 Sep 2014 No development reported - Preclinical for Benign prostatic hyperplasia in USA (PO)
- 29 Sep 2011 Preclinical trials in Benign prostatic hyperplasia in USA (PO)