Latest Information Update: 05 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Perle Bioscience
- Class Peptides
- Mechanism of Action Pancreatic beta cell replacements
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Type 1 diabetes mellitus; Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 05 Jul 2016 Preclinical trials in Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (Parenteral)
- 05 Jul 2016 Preclinical trials in Type-1 diabetes mellitus in USA (Parenteral)