Research programme: cannabidiol therapeutics - ISA Scientific/Yissum/Hadasit/Kennedy Trust for Rheumatology Research
Latest Information Update: 06 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Hadassah Medical Organization; Hebrew University of Jerusalem; The Kennedy Trust for Rheumatology Research
- Developer Hadasit; ISA Scientific; The Kennedy Trust for Rheumatology Research; Yissum Research Development Company
- Class Analgesics; Antipsychotics; Anxiolytics; Cannabinoids; Muscle relaxants; Neuroprotectants; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Cannabinoid receptor CB1 antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Research Diabetes mellitus; Inflammation; Ischaemic heart disorders; Vascular disorders