Aflibercept biosimilar - FormyconAlternative Names: FYB203
Latest Information Update: 09 Aug 2016
At a glance
- Originator Formycon
- Developer Bioeq; Formycon
- Class Antineoplastics; Eye disorder therapies; Recombinant fusion proteins
- Mechanism of Action Vascular endothelial growth factor A inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Wet age-related macular degeneration
Most Recent Events
- 22 Jul 2016 Preclinical trials in Wet age-related macular degeneration in Germany (Intraocular)