Research programme: zika virus vaccine - GlaxoSmithKline/NIH
Latest Information Update: 27 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline; National Institutes of Health (USA)
- Class RNA vaccines; Viral vaccines
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Research Zika virus infection
Most Recent Events
- 07 Jul 2016 Early research in Zika virus infection (Prevention) in USA (unspecified route)