Latest Information Update: 27 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Apellis Pharmaceuticals
- Class Peptides
- Mechanism of Action Complement C3 inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Paroxysmal nocturnal haemoglobinuria
Most Recent Events
- 26 Jul 2016 Preclinical trials in Paroxysmal nocturnal haemoglobinuria in Australia (SC)
- 26 Jul 2016 Apellis Pharmaceuticals plans a phase I trial In volunteers in Australia (ACTRN12616000862448p )