Research programme: microbiota restoration therapy - RebiotixAlternative Names: RBX 6376; RBX 8225; RBX2477
Latest Information Update: 12 Oct 2016
At a glance
- Originator Rebiotix
- Mechanism of Action Immunomodulators; Metagenome modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Hepatic encephalopathy; Infections; Inflammatory bowel diseases; Ulcerative colitis
Most Recent Events
- 11 Oct 2016 Rebiotix has patent protection for microbiota restoration therapy in USA, Australia and Canada
- 20 Jul 2016 Preclinical trials in Hepatic encephalopathy in USA (unspecified route) (Rebiotix pipeline, July 2016)
- 20 Jul 2016 Preclinical trials in Infections in USA (unspecified route) (Rebiotix pipeline, July 2016)