Research programme: cardiac cell reprogramming - LoneStar Heart
Latest Information Update: 02 Aug 2016
At a glance
- Originator University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Developer LoneStar Heart
- Class Cell therapies; Ischaemic heart disorder therapies
- Mechanism of Action Cell replacements
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Ischaemic heart disorders
Most Recent Events
- 02 Aug 2016 Preclinical trials in Ischaemic heart disorders in USA (unspecified route)