Research programme: CMV-based herpes simplex virus vaccines - Vir Biotechnology
Latest Information Update: 20 Mar 2017
At a glance
- Originator Oregon Health & Science University; TomegaVax
- Developer Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center; Oregon Health & Science University; Vir Biotechnology
- Class Viral vaccines
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Herpes simplex virus type 2 infections
Most Recent Events
- 09 Aug 2016 Preclinical trials in Herpes simplex virus type-2 infections in USA (Parenteral)