VIR 001Alternative Names: VIR001
Latest Information Update: 11 Aug 2016
At a glance
- Originator University of Pennsylvania
- Developer University of Pennsylvania; ViRAZE
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action DNA synthesis inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
- Available For Licensing Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Molluscum contagiosum