Latest Information Update: 25 Aug 2016
At a glance
- Originator SAB Biotherapeutics
- Developer National Institutes of Health (USA)
- Class Antibodies; Antivirals; Polyclonal antibodies
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Phase I Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus
Most Recent Events
- 24 Aug 2016 SAB Biotherapeutics receives grant from the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA) for SAB 301 development in Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus infection
- 24 May 2016 Phase-I clinical trials in Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (In volunteers) in USA (IV)