CIGB 845Alternative Names: CIGB845
Latest Information Update: 30 Aug 2016
At a glance
- Originator Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology
- Class Peptides; Recombinant proteins
- Mechanism of Action Growth hormone releasing factor agonists; Myelin protein stimulants; Neurogenesis stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Neurological disorders
Most Recent Events
- 30 Aug 2016 The Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology plans to initiate phase I trial in Cerebral infarction in Cuba (RPCEC00000214)
- 01 Jan 2013 Preclinical trials in Neurological disorders in Cuba (Parenteral)