CIBG 166aAlternative Names: CIGB-166a
Latest Information Update: 31 Aug 2016
At a glance
- Originator Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology
- Class Recombinant proteins
- Mechanism of Action Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 antagonists; Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2 antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
- Available For Licensing Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Research Cancer; Wet age-related macular degeneration