Research programme: infectious diseases therapeutics - AbivaxAlternative Names: ABX 221; ABX 309; ABX 544
Latest Information Update: 09 Sep 2016
At a glance
- Originator Abivax
- Class Antivirals; Polyclonal antibodies
- Mechanism of Action Immunomodulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Chikungunya virus infections; Dengue; Ebola virus infections
Most Recent Events
- 09 Sep 2016 Preclinical trials in Ebola virus infections, Chikungunya virus infections in France (Parenteral) (Abivax pipeline, September 2016)
- 09 Sep 2016 Abivax plans phase I trials in Chikungunya virus infections, Dengue, and Ebola virus infections in the year 2017 (Abivax pipeline, September 2016)