Research programme: tau protein targeting therapeutics - Cantabio Pharmaceuticals/University of CambridgeAlternative Names: CB 401; Chaperone-based therapeutics - Cantabio Pharmaceuticals/University of Cambridge; Tau protein modulators - Cantabio Pharmaceuticals/University of Cambridge
Latest Information Update: 21 Sep 2016
At a glance
- Originator Elan Pharmaceuticals; Max Planck Research Unit for Structural Molecular Biology; NovALiX; University of Cambridge
- Developer Cantabio Pharmaceuticals; Elan Pharmaceuticals; Max Planck Research Unit for Structural Molecular Biology; NovALiX; University of Cambridge
- Class Antidementias; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Tau protein modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Alzheimer's disease; Dementia