Intravenous L-citrulline- AsklepionAlternative Names: L-citrulline
Latest Information Update: 05 Oct 2016
At a glance
- Originator Vanderbilt University
- Developer Asklepion Pharmaceuticals
- Class Amino acids; Diamino amino acids
- Mechanism of Action Amino acid replacements
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Phase III Acute lung injury
Most Recent Events
- 01 Aug 2016 Asklepion initiates enrolment in a phase III trial for Acute lung injury (In Infants, In children, In adolescents, Prevention) in USA (NCT02891837)