At a glance
- Originator University of Sydney
- Developer Collaborative Medicinal Development
- Class Thiosemicarbazones
- Mechanism of Action Cell death stimulants; Gene expression stimulants; Iron chelating agents; Reactive oxygen species stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Phase I Solid tumours
Most Recent Events
- 27 Sep 2016 Chemical structure information added
- 27 Sep 2016 Preclinical data in Cancer released by Collaborative Medicinal Development (Collaborative Medicinal Development website, September 2016)