Iron sucrose - Shield TherapeuticsAlternative Names: PT 40
Latest Information Update: 29 Sep 2016
At a glance
- Originator Medical Research Council; Phosphate Therapeutics
- Developer Shield Therapeutics
- Class Antianaemics; Iron compounds
- Mechanism of Action Iron replacements
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
- Available For Licensing Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Anaemia