Research programme: induced pluripotent stem cell-derived therapeutics - Foundation for Biomedical Research and Innovation /RIKEN/SantenAlternative Names: iPS therapeutics - Santen Pharmaceutical
Latest Information Update: 14 Nov 2016
At a glance
- Originator Foundation Fighting Blindness Clinical Research Institute; RIKEN; Santen Pharmaceutical
- Class Stem cell therapies
- Mechanism of Action Cell replacements
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Research Retinitis pigmentosa
Most Recent Events
- 06 Nov 2016 Santen Pharmaceutical, RIKEN, and the Foundation for Biomedical Research and Innovation agree to co-develop induced pluripotent stem cell-derived therapeutics in Japan for Retinitis pigmentosa and Age-related macular degeneration
- 06 Oct 2016 Early research in Retinitis pigmentosa and Age-related macular degeneration in Japan