Research programme: nanotherapeutics - Keystone NanoAlternative Names: Chemotherapeutic NanoJackets; Doxorubicin NanoJackets; MDs - Keystone Nano; Molecular Dots - Keystone Nano; NanoJacketed chemotherapeutics; NanoJacketed doxorubicin
Latest Information Update: 28 Oct 2016
At a glance
- Originator Keystone Nano
- Developer Keystone Nano; The Pennsylvania State University
- Class Anthracyclines; Cytostatic antibiotics; Doxorubicins; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action DNA intercalators; Type II DNA topoisomerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Breast cancer
Most Recent Events
- 28 Oct 2016 No development reported - Preclinical for Breast cancer treatment in USA (Parenteral)