Zanamivir controlled release - Ala Wai PharmaAlternative Names: AWP 09VDB S; Zanamivir gastric resistant - Ala Wai Pharma
Latest Information Update: 29 Oct 2016
At a glance
- Originator Ala Wai Pharma
- Class Antivirals; Guanidines; Pyrans; Sialic acids
- Mechanism of Action Neuraminidase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Phase I Influenza virus infections
Most Recent Events
- 15 Jul 2016 Phase-I clinical trials in Influenza virus infections (In volunteers) in Australia (PO) (ACTRN12616001475437)