Latest Information Update: 13 Jan 2017
At a glance
- Originator Bird Rock Bio
- Class Monoclonal antibodies
- Mechanism of Action Cannabinoid receptor CB1 modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Diabetic nephropathies; Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease
Most Recent Events
- 11 Jan 2017 Bird Rock Bio receives IND approval for namacizumab in Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease
- 27 Oct 2016 Bird Rock Bio files Clinical Trial Application for namacizumab for Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease
- 27 Oct 2016 Bird Rock Bio plans a phase I trial for namacizumab for Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease