Sodium hyaluronate/triamcinolone hexacetonide - Anika TherapeuticsAlternative Names: CINGAL
Latest Information Update: 27 Feb 2017
At a glance
- Originator Anika Therapeutics
- Mechanism of Action Glucocorticoid receptor agonists; Hyaluronic acid modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Phase Unknown Osteoarthritis
Most Recent Events
- 15 Feb 2017 Anika Therapeutics files an IND application with the US FDA in USA for Osteoarthritis
- 26 Oct 2016 Anika Therapeutics plans to file an IND application with the US FDA in 2017 (Anika Therapeutics form 10-Q, October 2016)
- 26 Oct 2016 Anika Therapeutics plans a phase III trial for Osteoarthritis in USA