OREX 1019Alternative Names: OREX-1019
Latest Information Update: 10 Jan 2017
At a glance
- Originator University of Bath
- Developer Orexigen Therapeutics; University of Bath
- Class Cyclopropanes; Morphinans; Opioid analgesics; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Nociceptin receptor agonists; Opioid delta receptor antagonists; Opioid kappa receptor antagonists; Opioid mu receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Cocaine abuse