At a glance
- Originator Drugs for Neglected Diseases Initiative Foundation
- Class Benzimidazoles; Carbamates; Naphthalenes; Phosphoric acid esters; Pyrimidine nucleotides; Pyrrolidines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Hepatitis C virus NS 5 protein inhibitors; Hepatitis C virus replication inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Phase II/III Hepatitis C
Most Recent Events
- 21 Dec 2016 Chemical structure information added
- 01 Sep 2016 Phase-II/III clinical trials in Hepatitis C (Combination therapy) in Malaysia (PO) (NCT02961426)
- 13 Apr 2016 Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative and Pharco pharmaceuticals agree to co-develop ravidasvir/sofosbuvir in Malaysia and Thailand for Hepatitis C