Research programme: infectious disease therapeutics - Spotlight Innovation
Latest Information Update: 22 Dec 2016
At a glance
- Originator Florida State University
- Developer Spotlight Innovation
- Class Antivirals; Neuroprotectants
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Zika virus infection