Etanercept biosimilar - PfizerAlternative Names: Lifmior
Latest Information Update: 30 Dec 2016
At a glance
- Originator Pfizer
- Class Antirheumatics; Disease-modifying antirheumatics; Recombinant fusion proteins
- Mechanism of Action Tumour necrosis factor alpha inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Preregistration Ankylosing spondylitis; Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis; Plaque psoriasis; Psoriatic arthritis; Rheumatoid arthritis; Spondylarthritis
Most Recent Events
- 15 Dec 2016 Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) of EMA recommends approval of Etanercept biosimilar for Rheumatoid arthritis, Juvenile idiopathic arthritis, Psoriatic arthritis, Plaque psoriasis (In children, In adolescents and In adults), Ankylosing spondylitis and Spondylarthritis in European Union
- 14 Dec 2016 Preregistration for Rheumatoid arthritis, Plaque psoriasis (In children, In adolescents, adults), Spondylarthritis, Ankylosing spondylitis, Psoraitic arthritis and Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis in European Union (SC) before December 2016