Silver sulfadiazine (nanonized) topical - Sun PharmaceuticalAlternative Names: Silver sulfadiazine cream (nanonized)
Latest Information Update: 16 Feb 2017
At a glance
- Originator Sun Pharmaceutical Industries
- Class Antibacterials; Heavy metals; Sulfonamides
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Phase III Burn infections
Most Recent Events
- 13 Dec 2016 Sun Pharmaceutical completes a phase III trial in Burn infections in India (Topical) (CTRI2014-11-005188)