Latest Information Update: 22 Mar 2017
At a glance
- Originator Lung Therapeutics; University of Texas at Tyler
- Class Antifibrotics; Plasminogen activator enzymes; Thrombolytics
- Mechanism of Action Fibrinolytic agents; Plasminogen activator inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Phase I Empyema; Pleural effusion
Most Recent Events
- 14 Mar 2017 Phase-I clinical trials in Pleural effusion in Australia, New Zealand (Intrapleural) , ACTRN12616001442493p)
- 14 Mar 2017 Phase-I clinical trials in Empyema in New Zealand, Australia (Intrapleural) (ACTRN12616001442493p)
- 28 Oct 2014 Preclinical trials in Pleural effusion in USA (unspecified route) (Lung Therapeutics pipeline)