A multicenter, double-blind, randomized, parallel-group study to compare the effect of 24 weeks treatment with LAF237 (50 mg qd or bid) to placebo as add-on therapy to glimepiride in patients with type 2 diabetes inadequately controlled with sulfonylurea monotherapy
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 29 Dec 2014
At a glance
- Drugs Vildagliptin (Primary) ; Glimepiride
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Novartis
- 04 May 2012 Actual end date (Oct 2005) added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 01 Nov 2008 Results published in Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism.
- 01 Nov 2008 Primary endpoint 'Proportion of glycosylated haemoglobin' has been met according to results published in Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History