A multicenter, double-blind, randomized study to evaluate the safety and efficacy of the addition of MK-0431 compared with sulfonylurea therapy in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus with inadequate glycemic control on metformin monotherapy.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 14 Jun 2016
At a glance
- Drugs Sitagliptin (Primary) ; Glipizide
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Merck Sharp & Dohme
- 07 Jun 2017 Biomarkers information updated
- 08 Feb 2014 Results published in the Drugs and Aging.
- 29 Jun 2010 Positive results from post-hoc analysis on the composite endpopint of lower blood sugar, no hypglycemia and no weight gain presented at the American Diabetes Association 70th Annual Scientific Sessions (ADA 2010).
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History