A 26 week, double-blind, randomized, multicenter, parallel group, active-controlled study comparing aliskiren to ramipril with optional addition of hydrochlorothiazide, followed by a 4 week double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled withdrawal in patients with essential hypertension.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 05 Apr 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Aliskiren (Primary) ; Ramipril (Primary)
- Indications Essential hypertension; Hypertension
- Focus Pharmacogenomic; Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- 07 Nov 2011 Actual end date (Mar 2006) added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 07 Nov 2011 Actual initiation date (Feb 2005) added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 15 May 2008 Results of a post hoc subgroup analysis of data from patients with stage 2 hypertension were presented at the 23rd annual meeting of the American Society of Hypertension.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History