The Insulin Resistance Intervention after Stroke Trial A randomized, placebo-controlled trial of pioglitazone, compared with placebo, for prevention of stroke and myocardial infarction after ischemic stroke and transient ischemic attack
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 18 Sep 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Pioglitazone (Primary)
- Indications Insulin resistance; Myocardial infarction; Stroke
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms IRIS
- 18 Sep 2017 Results published in the JAMA Neurology.
- 28 Feb 2017 Results of a secondary analysis investigating the effects of pioglitazone on acute coronary syndromes (ACS) (MI and unstable angina) among IRIS participants, published in the Circulation.
- 24 Feb 2017 Results (N=3707) presented at the 42nd International Stroke Conference.