An open-label, randomised, parallel-group, multi-center study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of enoxaparin versus unfractionated heparin in the prevention of venous thromboembolism in patients following acute ischemic stroke.
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 10 Jan 2011
At a glance
- Drugs Enoxaparin sodium; Heparin
- Indications Deep vein thrombosis; Pulmonary embolism; Stroke; Thromboembolism
- Focus Adverse reactions; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms PREVAIL
- 30 Nov 2009 Results reported in Stroke.
- 11 Jul 2009 Results of an economic analysis of this trial were reported at 22nd Congress of the International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis.
- 21 Apr 2007 Results reported in Lancet.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History