A three arm, prospective study to compare the effect of six weeks exposure to the combination of lopinavir (LPVr)/Combivir (AZT [zidovudine]/3TC [lamivudine]) versus lopinavir alone or Combivir alone in HIV-negative healthy subjects on the development of abnormalities of lipid and glucose metabolism.
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 08 Jun 2016
At a glance
- Drugs Lamivudine/zidovudine; Lopinavir/ritonavir
- Indications HIV infections
- Focus Adverse reactions; Biomarker; Pharmacodynamics
- Acronyms SAMA002
- 06 Mar 2013 Pooled analysis of bone turnover markers presented at the 20th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections.
- 11 Apr 2012 Status changed from active, no longer recruiting to completed as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 29 Aug 2011 New source identified and integrated (Australian New Zealand Clinical Trials Registry; ACTRN12605000661673).