A phase III, randomized, controlled, open-label, multicentre, three arm study to compare the efficacy and safety of a dual-boosted HIV-1 protease inhibitor regimen of fosamprenavir/lopinavir/ritonavir 1400mg/533mg/133mg twice daily and an increased dosage regimen of FPV [fosamprenavir]/RTV [ritonavir] 1400mg/100mg BID [bidaily] versus the standard dosage regimen of FPV/RTV 700mg/100mg BID for 24 weeks in multiple-PI [protease inhibitor] experienced, HIV-infected adults experiencing virological failure
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 02 Jun 2011
At a glance
- Drugs Fosamprenavir (Primary) ; Lopinavir/ritonavir; Ritonavir
- Indications HIV-1 infections
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms TRIAD
- 01 Aug 2009 Results published in the Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy.
- 09 Nov 2007 Status changed from recruiting to discontinued. This study has been terminated due to incomplete data.
- 17 Nov 2005 New trial record.