A Placebo-Controlled,Double-Blind,Parallel Arm Trial to Assess the Efficacy of Dronedarone 400mg Bid for the Prevention of Cardiovascular Hospitalization or Death From Any Cause in patiENts With Atrial Fibrillation/Atrial Flutter (AF/AFL)
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 14 Sep 2011
At a glance
- Drugs Dronedarone (Primary)
- Indications Atrial fibrillation; Atrial flutter; Cardiovascular disorders; Death
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms ATHENA
- Sponsors Sanofi
- 31 Aug 2011 Results from a subgroup analysis in patients with permanent atrial fibrillation were presented at the ESC Congress 2011: Annual Congress of the European Society of Cardiology.
- 25 Sep 2009 The Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use has adopted a positive opinion of dronedarone based on the results of seven trials, including ATHENA, according to a Sanofi-aventis media release.
- 02 Jul 2009 The US FDA approves dronedarone [Multaq] for Patients With atrial fibrillation or atrial Flutter, according to sanofi-aventis media release.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History