OMEGA: a prospective, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled multicentre study in patients who survived acute myocardial infarction to investigate the efficacy and safety of 1 gram omega-3-fatty acid ethyl esters (omega-3FAE) daily versus placebo to reduce the risk of sudden cardiac death
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 24 Sep 2015
At a glance
- Drugs Omega-3-acid ethyl esters (Primary)
- Indications Myocardial infarction; Sudden death
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms OMEGA
- 30 Mar 2009 Results reported at the 58th Annual Scientific Session of the American College of Cardiology (ACC 2009), as reported by Pronova BioPharma.
- 30 Mar 2009 Results were presented as a late-breaking clinical trial during the 58th Annual Scientific Session of the American College of Cardiology (ACC 2009).
- 26 Sep 2008 Status changed from active, no longer recruiting to completed, as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History