A multicenter, randomized, double-blind, fixed-dose, 6-week trial of the efficacy and safety of asenapine compared with placebo using olanzapine positive control in subjects with an acute exacerbation of schizophrenia.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 29 Jul 2014
At a glance
- Drugs Asenapine (Primary) ; Olanzapine
- Indications Schizophrenia
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Merck Sharp & Dohme
- 06 Oct 2009 Actual patient number (417) added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 06 Oct 2009 Schering-Plough added instead of Organon as Organon was taken over by Schering-Plough.
- 11 Dec 2007 Status changed from in progress to completed.